The Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology
Our Society was founded in 1953 as the Society for Agricultural Processing Technology, renamed the Japanese Society for Food Technology in 1962, and given its present name in 1984.
We currently have approximately 3,000 members.
Our Society engages in various activities such as convention of annual meetings, lectures, and research seminars as well as presentation of academic awards with the objective of contributing to the advancement of food science and technology through cooperation among researchers, engineers, and other professionals in businesses, universities, and national and public research institutions.
In addition, we publish our journal in Japanese with English abstract("Nippon Shokuhin Kagaku Kogaku Kaishi") and English ("Food Science and Technology Research").
|July 1953||Established as the Society for Agricultural Processing Technology (within the Food Research Institute, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Fukagawa, Koto-ku, Tokyo)|
|December 20, 1953||The first issue of volume 1 (inaugural issue) of the Journal of the Society for Agricultural Processing Technology is published as the Society's journal Total of 539 members (47 special members) Member affiliations: national institutions 15%, public institutions 32%, university 7%, junior high and high school 17%, private institutions 29%|
|February 26, 1954||The first meeting (inaugural meeting) is held in Tokyo|
|1956||Total of 1,271 regular members and 63 special members|
|March 2, 1962||The Society is renamed the Japanese Society for Food Technology at the 9th meeting (in accordance with this name change, the Society's journal is renamed the "Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Technology", and the number of issues changed from 6 to 12 (monthly) a year.)|
|February 1, 1979||In accordance with the relocation of the National Food Research Institute to Tsukuba, the Society’s office is relocated to Yatabemachi, Tsukuba-gun, Ibaraki Prefecture (presently Tsukuba city) as part of the Institute|
|February 14, 1984||The Japanese Society for Food Technology, which had been a voluntary organization, is dissolved and established as a corporation, obtaining approval for incorporation on March 1|
|June 9, 1994||The Society is renamed the "Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology", and its journal is renamed "Journal of the Japanese Society for Food Science and Technology"|
|November 1994||The English journal "Food Science and Technology International" is launched|
|January 1997||The English journal is renamed "Food Science and Technology International, Tokyo"|
|January 1999||The English journal is renamed "Food Science and Technology Research"|
|September 2003||A ceremony is held to commemorate the 50th anniversary of establishment|
|January 2008||The number of issues of the English Journal "Food Science and Technology Research" changed from 4 to 6 (bimonthly) a year|